Monday, October 17, 2022

Top Ten Favorite White Noise YouTube Videos

Welcome to my TOP TEN favorite white noise YouTube videos. I keep coming back to these, again and again, to help maintain my brain processes at a calm and steady level when I'm working. I recommend them to anyone. They may even help you fall asleep!

In no particular order:

1) Tokyo in the middle of the night, with your apartment window open...


2) For you Harry Potter fans. This ambience vid was my first love...


3) This is my newest favorite that's on this list. This guy's YouTube channel is literally just him strolling the peaceful villages, hillsides, and pathways of England. He doesn't talk. He just walks. And videotapes. And it's awesome.


4) I am very, very picky about ambience videos that include music of any sort. The music in all the vids I've ever come across is 99.9% distracting to me. But this one right here? The music is of an extremely rare PERFECTION. Soothing beyond description. I return to this video an extra-large number of times.


5) Be sure to put this one on loop, because it's too short! This one's a gem! I love how you can faintly hear people talking, but you can never make out what they're saying. Adds to the chill factor wonderfully.


FOR SIX AND SEVEN, what you need to do is have two windows going simultaneously: play #6 at a moderately-soft volume, but also have #7 rolling at an even fainter volume. When you layer the two in this manner, your brain relaxes at the snap of your fingers.

6) Crazy about Tibetan singing bowls in the rain...


7) Look up the "99% Invisible" podcast episode about the BBC shipping forecast. Fascinating!


8) The Miracle Forest channel is quite great. A new, interesting video is released fairly regularly.


9) Who wants to vacation here and sleep HERE? Pick me, pick me!!! Wouldn't that be glorious??? This one gives you gooooood naps. Trust me. One of the best naps I ever took in my life came about by me zonking out with this one playing right next to my head.


10) Turn the subtitles on for this one, and have a good laugh. ("Ooooooooooooooh......")
I file my taxes while listening to this one. No, I'm serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment