Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Using "School of Rock" to Speak to Me

So right now I'm sick and I'm home, lying in bed, soon to go to sleep. But before I doze off, I want to record a little miracle that happened to me last night, and trickled into this morning.

By the way, I just finished off a bag of THIS, and it is delicious, and I highly recommend it:



On to the miracle.

Many a morning I write to my awesome friend Sara. I write to see how her day is going, and I also, for some reason (don't ask me why, okay?), write to her the lyrics of the song that's stuck in my head for the day. It's usually a different song each day.

Yesterday the song was a song about being sick, because I had just become sick, and I am still sick, as I've mentioned earlier. Anyway, the song is actually more about being "heartsick" as opposed to head-cold sick, but still sick just the same.

The song is called "Heal Me, I'm Heartsick," and it is from the 2003 American film School of Rock, which stars the one and only Jack Black.

Heal me, I'm heartsick. Hungry. Thought I could survive on you. Hear my heartsick, hungry cry. I'm heartsick.

Pretty eloquent, right? ;) Those are the lyrics I wrote to Sara yesterday. Again, I'm not sure why I feel the need to write out the songs that play in my head to her; it's just a quirk of mine. But a reason I'm thankful for her is because she just takes it. She takes my crazy song lyrics. She even says she enjoys reading what songs play in my brain. Blessed she is. She's a trooper.


Following my writing to Sara yesterday, I felt like poop. And I looked like poop, even when I tried my best at the start of the day to not look like poop. It's just what happens sometimes to a person who feels like she could just keel over from her cold at any second. It was a long day, with so much I just had to get done. When I finally got done with everything, it was dark outside. And as I hopped into my car, turned it on, and turned on my super-old iPod, the miracle began.


Heal me, I'm heartsick. I'm hungry and I'm broken...


I like to put my iPod on shuffle when I drive. This time I chose to start a whole new shuffle, instead of continuing forth with the shuffle that was already in progress. Yes, I chose to start afresh, to start with a brand new song #1. "Heal Me, I'm Heartsick" had a 1-in-4,052 chance of being song #1 in this shuffle configuration. And guess what. It totally won the lottery. And it cheered my sickly self right on up!


Because song #1 could've so easily been any of the other 4,051 songs in my iPod's music library, I counted the "Heal Me, I'm Heartsick" song-number-oneness as a miracle ... as a way of my Heavenly Father saying to me: "Here's something to cheer you up, my child!"


When I heard "Heal Me, I'm Heartsick" start to play in my car at that moment, my heart leaped for joy because I suddenly got the gloriously happy assurance that Heavenly Father knows exactly who I am, He's mindful of me all the time, He knows I'm a music nutcase and sort of a rockaholic and He's okay with that, and He knows the best ways to cheer me up when I need some cheer.


I indeed was in need of some cheer last night after my long busy day that I accomplished in pure illness, and Heavenly Father was fully aware of that, so He did something to help me out. I'm pretty sure He's the one responsible for letting "Heal Me, I'm Heartsick" --- the same song I typed-sang to Sara earlier that morning --- be song #1 of the shuffle configuration.


THIS morning I had to hop into my car again for to transport myself to a place I needed to go, and I turned the iPod on once more. The next song in the configuration was yet ANOTHER song that clearly Heavenly Father understands makes me happy, and because I was still sick and poopy this morning (as well as this afternoon), He seemingly manipulated the iPod again to let that song be the next to play.


I sure do love Heavenly Father, and I know He sure does love me back, and I'm so glad to know that He knows the best ways to cheer me up.


At any rate, here's that other song from today:



No comments:

Post a Comment