Monday, September 8, 2014

Ode to Floss: My Friend the Brave

I floss my teeth every day. I simply cannot "call 'er a day" and hit the hay without performing my flossing routine. Flossing is something that I wish more people would care more about. So here I am promoting it openly.

If I am nerdy about anything, I am nerdy about flossing. Nerdy enough to take a Saturday afternoon earlier this year to pen a poem about it. The poem lacks magnificence, but flossing does not. Here's the ode:


If floss were alive
With feelings and fears
Straightway he'd go
Regardless his tears

Into the corners
Of that massive cave
Through all tight spaces
Blimey he's brave
Gross is the dross
Dross: it is gross
Gross with dross rhymes
At no times at most

This dross is born
Of all food consumed
In oral manners
Grody it blooms
Grody it grows
Putrid it breathes
All over those rows
You'd better believe

Swift to the rescue
The warrior doth come
To slaughter the residue
The warrior hath won

Floss you're alive
Alive in my heart
Whenever I need you
You're never too far

Into the corners
Of my massive cave
Straightway you go
My friend the brave
Straightway you go
My friend the brave

No comments:

Post a Comment